This is a wonderfully easy and effective activity from the blog at Kids Craft Room. They have plenty more brilliant ideas for fun with your kids over at their website so do head over and check it out.
Everyone loves suncatchers and in our experience, they are just as fun for adults as they are for children! When the sun is shining they look very impressive dancing in the light and sending colours shimmering across the room.
They’re made using lids from your recycling so they cost next to nothing! Here are the instructions…
- Transparent Plastic Lids
- Tissue Paper US / UK
- White PVA Glue US / UK
- Ribbon US / UK
- Sticky Tape
- Give the lids a quick wash and dry them
- Cut some ribbon for hanging and tape it to the plastic lid
- Tear or cut the coloured ribbons into strips or shapes
- Glue the pieces of tissue paper into place on the lid
- Let the glue dry completely before hanging in the window
This is a very basic version to give you an outline of how to make them. There are lots more detailed instructions and tips in the original post over at Kids Craft Room.