We love these Eggheads with cress hair by nurturestore.co.uk because they’re so funny! If you get them ready four or five days beforehand, they will have grown a full head of hair ready for the Easter weekend – which you can then snip off to enjoy with an egg sandwich.
You will need: empty egg shells (try to just break off the top to empty them, so you have a good size shell left to use), felt pens, stick-on wobbly eyes (optional), cotton wool, crees seeds, an empty egg box.
To make them:
- Wash out the egg shells and sit them in the egg box to keep them steady (on a cotton wool cushion to raise them up a bit if you need to).
- Draw on some crazy faces, using the googly eyes if you’ve got some. You could do self-portraits or funny faces (or maybe that’s one and the same thing?)
- Put some cotton wool inside the shells and dampen them with some water.
- Sprinkle cress seeds all over the cotton wool – good coverage will give you a full head of hair.
- Pop them on a windowsill and wait for the hair to sprout. It’ll only take a couple of days.
- Add a little bit of water if the cotton wool dries out, but not too much.
You can also use grass seeds for this craft. This allows you to give the eggheads a haircut that will grow back ready for a restyle. However you can’t put the grass in your sandwiches!